44th IAD Conference 2023PDF Download
Scientific cooperation in the Danube River Basin:
Tackling present and future environmental challenges of a European riverscape
6 - 9 February 2023, Krems, Austria"
Organized by:Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences, Krems
ICC Water & Health
ÖK-IAD (Austrian Committee of the IAD)
Conference MissionThe 44th IAD conference* will be held under the patronage of the Austrian committee of the IAD at the Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences in Krems, situated in the beautiful landscape of the Wachau, next to the Danube River. This young university (founded in 2013) has a strong research focus on water quality and health, being a key player in this research field in the Danube River Basin. Here, health is considered in a holistic, transdisciplinary way under the “One Health” concept of the WHO, combining human, animal and environmental health in an ecological context. Thus the conference shall bring together scientists and experts from different disciplines for discussing the present and future environmental challenges of our Danube riverscape.
- Pollution and health under the “One Health” concept
- Climate change impacts on aquatic ecosystems
- Integrated water management – from environmental monitoring to sustainable solutions
- Status and future trends of aquatic species and habitats
- Protected areas and biodiversity conservation
- Floodplain ecology and restoration – constraints and perspectives
- the Human Dimension – rivers as socio-ecological systems
*This conference was originally planned to be organized by our Ukrainian colleagues at the Institute of Hydrobiology of the National Academy of Sciences in Kyiv, but due to the Russian aggression this became unfortunately impossible. We wish our estimated colleagues all the best for their future.